Retina Institute of Hawaii Retina Research
- Help a blind patient with retinitis pigmentosa see again
- Cure a disease that was untreatable for over 100 years
- Advance vitreoretinal surgery to diseases which previously were not approachable with surgery
- Contribute to the greatest advance in the history of the treatment of the western world’s most common cause of vision loss, exudative macular degeneration
- Pioneer new surgical techniques in the management of complications of the most common surgical procedure performed in the United States, cataract surgery.
- Helped to unlock the secrets of a newly recognized cause of leaking and bleeding in the central vision area of the eye (macula) that is much more common in patients of Asian descent
- Create awareness of new, key information on the disease polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy